Zonta International is a leading global organization of professionals empowering women worldwide through service and
Founded in 1919, Zonta International is a celebrating 100 years of encouraging, empowering and educating women, locally and globally. With more than 30,000 members in 1200 clubs in 67 countries, Zonta members share their time, talent and expertise in local and international projects that involve scholarship, leadership, youth development and service.
Local Zonta members commit hundreds of thousands of service hours and raise funds to support women –focused community service projects that include:
• Scholarships for women to support their collegiate endeavors
• Programs that heighten the awareness of domestic violence issues and support local shelters and domesticviolence survivors, including Ashtabula Home-safe and the Beatitude House
• Informing and encouraging women facing cultural and linguistic barriers with regard to health and educational issues
• Improving the status of women and girls worldwide by participating in local Days for Girls International projects
Internationally Zonta seeks to:
• Improve the legal, political, economic, health, educational and professional status of women through service and advocacy
• Promote justice and respect for human rights
• Unite internationally to foster high ethical standards, implement service programs and provide mutual support and fellowship for members world-wide
Joining Zonta locally, in turn facilitates membership to Zonta International. Individual Zonta Clubs participate in activities that foster community service, education and advocacy that promote women’s economic self- sufficiency, political equality, access to education, health, and the elimination of violence against women.
Individuals passionate about women’s issues are encouraged to seek membership in Zonta. Join forces with us and help us to contribute lasting and meaningful impact on the lives of women locally and globally.
Interested in learning more about Zonta: